Best Agriculture stocks in India: Agriculture is said to be India’s largest private-sector enterprise, engaging nearly 119 million farmers. Agriculture is not a way of life. It is not a social sector or a development activity, despite what people may claim. Agriculture is a business.
- 1 List of Top Agriculture Stocks in India
- 1.1 1. Godrej Agrovet limited
- 1.2 2. Kaveri Seed Company Ltd
- 1.3 3. Bombay Burmah Trading Corporation
- 1.4 4. Transchem Limited
- 1.5 5. Dhunseri Tea
- 1.6 6. Goodricke Group Limited
- 1.7 7. Bajaj hindustan sugar
- 1.8 8. PI industries
- 1.9 9. Coromandel International
- 1.10 10. DCM Shriram Ltd
- 1.11 Related
List of Top Agriculture Stocks in India
Agriculture being one of india’s primary business activities in its root is surprisingly being neglected as a business mode as people move onto industry and technology based businesses. Enough ranting, now lets look in to the 10 Best Agriculture based stocks we have handpicked just for you.
|Sl No||Stock Name||Market Capital|
|1||Godrej Agrovet limited||₹ 9,871.26 Cr.|
|2||Kaveri Seed Company Ltd||₹ 2,912.29 Cr.|
|3||Bombay Burmah Trading Corporation||₹ 6,781.83 Cr.|
|4||Transchem Limited||₹ 23.62 Cr.|
|5||Dhunseri Tea||₹ 225.65 Cr.|
|6||Goodricke Group Limited||₹ 508.36 Cr.|
|7||Bajaj hindustan sugar||₹ 1,513.67 Cr.|
|8||PI industries||₹ 42,236.05 Cr.|
|9||Coromandel International||₹ 28,610.58 Cr.|
|10||DCM Shriram Ltd||₹ 14,976.70 Cr.|
1. Godrej Agrovet limited
Godrej Agrovet Limited is an Indian company which produces animal feed and other by products. They are one of the biggest there is in the animal feed industry producing a massive amount of 10,57,000 tons a year of animal feed.
- High EBIT Growth rate
- Quick conversion of EBIT to cash Equivalents
- Low Debt equity ratio
- Lower shareholding held by public
- Decline in return on income
- Income from operating activity declining
|Market Cap||₹ 9,871.26 Cr.|
2. Kaveri Seed Company Ltd
Kaveri seed is a mid size company operating in horticulture, livestock and other agri related products. They deal in genetically enhanced seeds which have been in the market for more than 3 decades. The company has continued to carry on the business into research seed production processing.
- Good rate of EPS at 15.72
- High promoter shareholding at 63.91%
- High EBITDA and Net margin
- Negative price to sales TTM
- Decline in Revenue and net profit in recent years
- Low dividend paying stock
|Market Cap||₹ 2,912.29 Cr.|
3. Bombay Burmah Trading Corporation
Formed in 1863 by the Wallace Brothers of Scotland, Bombay burmah currently holds a paid up share capital of about 14 crores. It is based out of mumbai as the name suggets.
- Good EPS / PE rate
- High promoter holding of share capital at 75.30%
- High Asset turnover
- Low dividend paying company
- Negative Net margin, Downward trend
- High Debt Equity ratio
|Market Cap||₹ 6,781.83 Cr.|
4. Transchem Limited
Incorporated in the year 1976 and listed in the year 1992, Transchem limited has come a long way in the agri industry in a relatively short span of time. Initially started to produce chemicals and pharma products, they diversified into various other agri products.
- Low PE ratio compared to fair value
- Good Current ratio to meet working capital requirements
- Good returns in short – mid term
- Low cash from operating revenue
- Cash flow has been declining
- Declining TTM net profit
|Market Cap||₹ 23.62 Cr.|
|Profit Growth||5,796.52 %|
5. Dhunseri Tea
Headquartered at Kolkata, This tea company was incorporated in the year 1997 and has a current share capital of about 10.5 crores. It is reliant on a tea estate in Dhunseri tea estate in Assam.
- Good for short to mid term investment
- Among top 10 Tea producers in the country
- Has other segments such as petrochemicals and IT
- Neighboring countries producing at a lower cost
- Low productivity and high costs
- Fall in quarterly revenue
|Market Cap||₹ 225.65 Cr.|
6. Goodricke Group Limited
This west bengal based company has been on the market since 1977 and has gathered vast experience since then. They produce tea in packaged form and majorly have their estates around the Eastern side of india.
- High promoter holding of 85%
- No promoter pledge involved
- High cash conversion cycle
- Poor profit growth over last 3 years
- Bad ROE of 4.92% in the previous year
|Market Cap||₹ 508.36 Cr.|
7. Bajaj hindustan sugar
Bajaj Hindusthan Sugar Limited is Asia’s Number 1 and World’s Number 4 integrated sugar company It has an aggregated sugarcane crushing capacity of 136,000 tones.
- The heavy effect of experience and Bajaj Group leading presence with diversified interests in sugar results in the massive success of bajaj hindusthan sugar.
- Bajaj Hindusthan Sugar Ltd. has dealers around the country and a smooth running logistics system that helps in movement of goods.
- Increased holdings by institutional investors
- Cash flow from operating activities have reduced
- Low Piotroski Score which means the company’s financials are not that sound fundamentally
- Poor cash generated from core business – Declining Cash Flow from Operations
|Market Cap||₹ 1,513.67 Cr.|
8. PI industries
PI Industries is an agri science company which recently completed 75 years. They got the CII-National Award for ‘Excellence in Water Management 2020. It was Founded and Incorporated by the name Mewar Oil & General Mills Ltd. in 1946.
- Low debt equity ratio
- Increasing signs of revenue
- Mutual funds and retail investors have shown promise
- ROE Declining trend
- Companies cash flow has not been great
- High PE Ratio
|Market Cap||₹ 42,236.05 Cr.|
9. Coromandel International
Coromandel International was founded by IMC and Chevron companies of USA and EID parry in the year 1961. It is headquartered in hyderabad and is now parented by the murugappa group and EID parry.
- Good returns for short to mid term investors
- High quarterly growth from results
- Low debt equity ratio
- High promoter stock pledges are privelant
- Upcoming projects post threat of high maintenance
|Market Cap||₹ 28,610.58 Cr.|
10. DCM Shriram Ltd
DCM Shriram Ltd. is a leading business conglomerate with a group turnover of Rs. 9,849 crores.
DCM Shriram has manufacturing facilities of Fertiliser. Their factories are located in various parts of uttar pradesh. They were incorporated in the year.
- High return stocks in short to mid term
- Operating activity cash inflow has been increasing
- Low debt equity ratio
- ROE declining in the last 2 years
- Promoters and MFs reduced their holdings
- Growing costs in long term projects.
|Market Cap||₹ 14,976.70 Cr.|
Also Check Related Sectors
|Best Banking Stocks in India||Best FMCG Stocks in India|
|Best Infrastructure Stocks in India||Best IT Stocks in India|
|Best EV Stocks in India||Best 5G Stocks in India|